Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tips in Singing and Playing Guitar

I never forget when I was to start off getting to know to sing and play guitar thinking how on earth people could sing and play guitar same time. Heck, it was difficult learning guitar, without learning to sing and remember all the words and a melody overly!

It wasn't until approximately five years so far that I ever truly began learning to sing and play guitar significantly and I was really pushed into it too. I put together a guitar/keyboard combo firstly as a little bit of fun and as the keyboard player won't sing then I ended up to sing and play guitar same time, and I think I now love it!

Without blowing my own bark I can pretty much now sing and play guitar hence right here are 4 easy things that I found have guided me as I go along:

1) Begin with quite simple, strum-along songs. A real simple strategy would be something like "Summer Of 69 by Bryan Adams" or "Father & Son by Cat Stevens", just decide for yourself!

2) Learn how to play the chords first.

3) Learn the lyrics carefully. This for me is the key. If you are having to read or trying to remember lyrics you will really struggle. I'm not comfortable until I have the lyrics nailed down.

4) Don't worry too much regarding being word or melody perfect. I occasionally find that rephrasing the rhythm of the lyrics fits much better with the guitar rhythm so make the song your own!

The great point is that you will also find learning curve is very quick. Once you can perform quite a few songs then many more will stick to easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment